Friday, December 5, 2008

Why I love being a Mom...

Yesterday, Bella did the most amazing thing... I was folding laundry in my bedroom and she came up to me and this is our conversation:

Bella: Mom, I need to talk to Jesus.

Sally: Ok, how do we talk to Jesus?

Bella: Ummm... I think with Heavenly Father

Sally: Thats right. We talk to Heavenly Father through Jesus and they can both hear us. How should we talk to them?

Bella: Ummm.... I think we need to say a prayer.

Sally: Yep, thats right. Why don't we kneel down and we can say it right now. You go ahead and say the prayer since you want to talk to Jesus.

Bella: Ok... Dear Heavenly Father. I love Jesus. I love my mommy. I love my sister. I love my daddy. Please bless him to come home. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Needless to say, I was in tears by the end of that short, sweet prayer. Nothing better than that.

2 comments:

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Wow...what a sweet story. Bella is truly a sweet angel. I love you guys.

jamminjensen said...

I love that sweet little lady. I hope Jocie and Bella stay friends forever!