Friday, July 23, 2010

FAMILY REUNION TIME!

So, my parents told us a few years ago, that we were going to be having a family reunion in Albion, Idaho... Where the heck is Albion, Idaho? What the heck is there to do in Albion, Idaho? I have to say... I was a little unsure about driving 5 hours for this trip and not having anything to do. But, I will be the first to admit you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I was completely impressed when I got there. We stayed at an old schoolhouse called Campus Grove. This is the schoolhouse we stayed in (now updated of course) and it is set up a lot like a dorm house. We just LOVED the history of it and we loved how secluded the place was. I felt so safe to let the kids wander around the grounds. They had a swimming pool, a bouncy house, horseshoe pits, volleyball nets, basketball courts, and lots of feathered friends. Yes, that's right... we ran into chickens, peacocks, and other large birds. It was crazy fun! We roasted marshmellows, played Family Feud (which our family one...probably because we are the ones that mostly feud...sorry Marisa), crafts- mom's awesome Slat Family, family pics, swimming, pinata, treasure hunts, and so much more... I was SO worn out by the time we had to leave. Whewwww. Thanks so much to everyone for putting together the best time ever for me and the girls!

No comments: