Friday, December 11, 2009

Its not so bad...

So, I have been working with Ivy on the thing I've been dreading the most... potty training. I DO NOT LIKE to potty train. It was not my favorite thing potty training Bella (probably because I was pregnant at the time) but she eventually got it and all was good. I started potty training Ivy the week after she turned 2 and she refused to go in the potty. It was a week of doing nothing but peeing on the floor or the bed or the couch- not in the potty. So we gave up. But, after a few days recently of her taking off her pants and diapers and peeing on the floor--we knew it was time to try again. Clearly. So, we started training again and sure enough... she is determined to do it on her own. She won't go potty if you ask her to, but when she knows for herself that she has to go potty, so goes into the bathroom and goes herself. WOW!! She has been dry for 3 days. She never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

The Archibalds said...

Yay for IVY (and you). Gotta' love once it's over!!! Cute new pic by the way. :)