Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Grandpa...and my Family!

My Grandpa passed away the day before Thanksgiving and it was sad, sudden news. However, he lived a long, wonderful life and we knew he wanted to be with his Sweetheart. It was a good time for me to sit back and reflect on my life because when my Grandma (his wife) died, Brad and I were just dating and he offered to come with me to the funeral. He was even asked to be a paul bearer. It was then that I realized I wanted him in my life for a very long time. And now, 9 years and two children later, I am so grateful that we are still together for this next funeral. It was a sad time for all, but there were quite a few shining moments since we got to see family that we haven't gotten to see in some time.


My sister, Marisa and her family drove down to Boise and it was great for Bella and Ivy to be able to spend time with their cousins. They all fell asleep in Grandma and Grandpa's hotel bed while waiting for the rest of us to get back from the viewing. It was such a sight to see them all cuddled together. (Way to go, Paul, for getting all those girls asleep!)





Most of my cousins were able to come up to the funeral, so we had to do a family pic. I can't remember the last time we had one.



We got to see Sarah- Marisa's newest angel. She is so precious!


My other sister, Kelli and her hubby Ryan also came up for the funeral. I have to hand it to Ryan... He may not be a dad yet, but he sure knows how to handle a bunch of giggly girls. He lined them all up in a row and got them to play "the quiet game." I am impressed. Especially if you can get Ivy to sit still.



See... Uncle Ryan still has the touch!

2 comments:

Paul and Kyla said...

Love all the pictures, especially the one with all the girls in bed. I really like your family picture at the top also! Can't wait to see you in a couple of days!!!!!!

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

That is such a great picture of Ryan and the girls...so cute!