Friday, September 2, 2011

Challis or Bust!



Best weekend ever! I kept getting bogged down with other stuff when I wanted to go up to Challis to visit my parents. In fact, the day I was suppose to leave, I ended up not being able to. I was so very bummed but decided to get up early the next day and go up with the girls. They did so awesome on the 7 hour drive up there. When we got to Grandma and Grandpa's, we had a great dinner and then went to the Challis natural Hot springs. It was amazing! We had so much fun and it was so relaxing. The next morning, Bella woke up early and sat on the swing outside talking to Grandpa. I love the way Grandpa does that with all of us. Its great for grandchildren to know they are loved with attention and not just gift, ect. What a great experience for Bella. After breakfast that day, Grandpa took Bella and I on a two hour ATV ride to Mesquito Lake. It was so very beautiful and we loved the ride there and home. Then we took a drive to Salmon and went to "Captain America" and then to dinner. The next morning was church in an amazing ward and then dinner and games. We took a nice walk over to the pond by my parents house and let the kids put their feet in the water. We also decided to watch the original Superman (with the very handsome Christopher Reeve). What a classic! Bella loves shows like that. (That's my girl!) Monday morning before we had to leave, Grandpa took us all fishing. Bella and Ivy caught five fish. I was so proud of them. They loved that extra time with Grandma and Grandpa. He even showed the girls how to gut a fish. I'm so proud of Bella for watching and learning. It was pretty disgusting. We were so lucky to be up there for the weekend and spend extra special time with their grandparents.































2 comments:

The Archibalds said...

OH, Looks like such a great time. I bet it was so nice to spend some time with your parents. Sure looks pretty there.

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

How fun! And those sweet lil' girls- they are sure grown up! :)