Saturday, January 16, 2010

Something wonderful we were not expecting...

So, I was walking home from a friends house today and a car pulled up next to me and asked me to stop for a minute. I thought they needed directions somewhere, but they asked if I wanted to buy a dog. I told them that I would love to, but we just couldn't afford a dog right now. So they asked if I just wanted him for free. I looked at this cute beagle (in my mind I thought this was awesome) but said I needed to ask Brad. Both of us were hooked, of course, so we got ourselves a dog. Bella was over at a friend's house and Ivy was at home, so Ivy and Brad gave him a bath and Bella and I went to the store to get him some dog food, leash, ect. (Bella didn't know we had a dog yet) We got to the dog food and she immediately said No NO NO NO!!!

So...to sum it up, Ivy LOVES the dog and Bella does not, but she will hopefully get use to him. Oh...and we named him IKE. Our little house is complete, I think. We have our Isabella, Ivy, and our boy, Ike.















4 comments:

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Welcome to the club- now Maestro has a cousin in his own species...

Monica said...

I love beagles!! I grew up with one and I've always wanted to get another one. Have fun with him :)

Paul and Kyla said...

I love the last picture with Ivy and Ike. How much fun! Glad Bella is finally warming up to him.

Jamie said...

Having a dog is just like having another kid. That's what I've found at least. You'll find the Ike will be very protective of your kids. Rocco our mutt goes crazy when one of the kids is not around.