Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


Yeah, you're just waiting to read this post, aren't you. Have you ever read this book? So very cute and makes you realize that your terrible, horrible days have an end, and maybe they aren't so bad after all. :)
I had a bad day... My house is quite messy, I didn't get a lot accomplished at work. My kitchen sink won't drain and I caused my pipe to leak while trying to fix the drain. My dog ate my glasses. Also... I am having a hard time with some situations in our ward and I'm just not sure how to deal with it.
I went to my friend's house to complain... I was so upset and ask her opinion and she calmly told me what she thought and told me to take a step back and give myself 24 hours to breath. Good advise. Then she said, "want to hear about my day?" Oh my... my problems were nothing compared to this friend. Her child got hurt and stop breathing for a few seconds and turned purple. Turning purple trumps bad day with the kitchen/friend problems/and dog issues. Oh my... What a good friend to sit there and listen to my stupid problems while secretly wondering if her kid is going to be ok... will this happen again to him? Thanks girlfriend for being there for me and I hope someday to return the favor. Life sure gets put into perspective on these terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days.

3 comments:

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Hold on, the light will come. Hope there are better days ahead.

Stacie said...

Yes, Sally, “Life is not measured by the # of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.."
- ANONYMOUS
or
“How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively.”
- NORMAN VINCENT PEALE
or
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" -- LAO TZU

Love ya babe! ;)

Paul and Kyla said...

Just know that we love you and that things will get better.